What are Rewritable Card Printers?
Rewritable printing technology does not require a ribbon to personalize cards. The card itself holds a thermosensitive material that becomes visible when heated to 356°F (180°C) temperature and then quickly cooled.
Any color pattern will be erased by applying a lower temperature, generally within the range of 230-320°F (110-160°C).
This method takes advantage of two chemicals that interact with each other according to selected temperature thresholds. This heating/cooling process is handled thanks to a thermal head.
What are the benefits of Rewritable Card Printers?
- No cost relating to ribbons
- Cards can be reused up to 500 times.
2) Efficient printing features:
- Data can be edited on the spot, whenever needed.
- Can be printed on cards very quickly
- Visible at a glance for increased interactivity with customers.
3) Multiple applications:
Suitable for magnetic stripe and contactless applications.